Big Chompy Bird Hunting
|Starting Point||Speak to Rants, East of Gu'Tanoth, at the Feldip Hills.|
|Skill Requirements||5 Fletching, 30 Cooking, 30 Ranged|
|Items Required||A Chisel, Hatchet, Knife, 100 Feathers and 5 Wolf bones.|
|Rewards||262 Fletching XP, 735 Ranged XP, 1470 Cooking XP, an Ogre bow, the ability to fletch Ogre arrows, and the ability to hunt Chompy birds.|
|Items Acquired during the quest||Wolfbone arrowtips, Achey tree logs, Ogre arrow shafts, Flighted ogre arrows, Ogre arrows, Ogre bellows, Bloated toad, Ogre bow, Raw chompy, Bones, Feathers, and a Seasoned chompy.|
 How To Start The Quest
Talk to Rantz at the northeastern corner of the Feldip Hills. He will ask you to make him some "Stabbers", which are Ogre arrows. Agree to help him. To make these arrows you will need Wolfbone arrowtips, Ogre arrow shafts and Feathers.
NOTE: Rants will NOT accept pre-made Ogre arrows, so you must make them during the quest.
- Step One: Use a Chisel with the Wolf bones to craft the Wolfbone arrowtips. Next, chop down one of the nearby Achey trees to obtain Achey tree logs fletch them into Ogre arrow shafts with a Knife. Finally, attach the Wolfbone arrowtips, and Feathers to the Ogre arrow shafts. It is advised to make at least 6 arrows because Rantz will take 6 off of you and you will need a few more later on.
- Step Two: Return to Rantz and give him the 6 Ogre arrows. He will tell about the bait and his kids playing with Swamp toads. Make sure you ask Rantz all of the possible question, otherwise you won't be able to complete the next step.
- Step Three: Enter the cave, just north of Rantz and talk to either Fycie or Bugs to find out they they use Ogre bellows to inflate the toads for fun. Sadly, they will inform you that their dad has locked the bellows in a chest.
- Step Four: Go to the northwestern corner of the cave and try to open the chest. When you have succeeded, search the chest to get hold of the Ogre bellows.
NOTE: If you fail, your strength will be temporarily decreased by 1.
- Step Five: Leave the cave and head southwest towards a little swamp surrounded by Wolves (level 64). Use the Ogre bellows on swamp bubbles to fill it with gas. You will get 3 loads of gas, before you need to recharge it. Look around for a Swamp toads and use the gas filled Ogre bellows with one of them to inflate it.
- Step Six: Return to Rantz and show him the Bloated toad. He will point out to you where you must the the toad to lure the Chompy bird out. Head to the Chomby hunting grounds to the south of Rantz, marked by a flashing yellow arrow, and drop the toad onto the ground.
- Step Seven: After a while a Chompy bird will appear. Talk to Rantz as soon as you see the bird. He will try to shoot it but will miss and blame it on the Ogre arrows you have made. Convince him to give you a go at shooting the bird. Eventually, he will agree and give you his Ogre bow.
- Step Eight: Equip the bow and left over Ogre arrows. Head back to the hunting grounds and shoot the Chompy bird, marked by a flashing yellow arrow. Once killed, pluck the Chompy bird to receive Bones, Feathers, and a Raw chompy.
- Step Nine: Head back to Rantz and present him Raw chompy. He wants you to cook it for him and his kids using their desired seasonings. Rantz will tell you what his favorite seasoning is and to ask his children to find out theirs. The 3 seasonings differ from player to player. Below is a list of the possible seasoning and their whereabouts
- Cabbage: Near the Equa leaves and Tomato.
- Doogle leaves: West of the swamp, there is a group of 4 respawns.
- Equa leaves: Southeast of the above mentioned hunting grounds.
- Onion: West of the swamp, near an everlasting fire.
- Potato: Pick a Potato plant near the Equa leaves to receive a potato.
- Tomato: West of the swamp, on a stool.
- Step Ten: When you have gathered the seasonings, use the Raw chompy with the Ogre spit-roast, north of Rantz. You will automatically cook the meat with the 3 seasonings.
- Step Eleven: Talk to Rantz and give him the Seasoned chompy to receive your reward.
 Quest Complete!
- 2 Quest Points
- 262 Fletching XP
- 735 Ranged XP
- 1470 Cooking XP
- An Ogre bow
- The ability to fletch Ogre arrows
- The ability to hunt Chompy birds.
Related ThreadsBig chompy bird hunting help! - last post by @ Jun 23, 2005
This page has been accessed 1,510 times.