|Back To My Roots|
|Starting Point||Speak to Horacio in Handelmort Mansion, East Ardougne|
|Skill Requirements||55 Agility, 53 Farming, 59 Slayer, 72 Woodcutting|
|Quest Requirements||Fairy Tale Part I - Growing Pains, A Hand in the Sand, One Small Favour, Tribal Totem|
|Items Required||Soft clay, Plant Pot (filled), Secateurs, Spade, Pot, Machete, Axe (hatchet), and about 1K coins for travel costs.|
|Rewards||24K Farming XP, 40K Woodcutting XP, 23K Slayer XP, 15K Agility XP, a new vine farming patch, and a Jade vine seed. 1QP|
 How To Start The Quest
Speak to Horacio outside Lord Handelmort's mansion, located a little north from the bank in East Ardougne. Ask who he is and then offer to help him. He will ask you to get a Jade vine, which only grows east of Shilo Village, and tell you to talk to Wizard Cromperty first.
- Step One: Head to the most northeastern building of Ardougne and talk to Wizard Cromperty. He will ask you to go to the RPDT depot.
- Step Two: Proceed to RPDT the depot just south of Ardougne's east bank, and talk to one of the employees.
- Step Three: You will now have to open the smelly package on the nearby table. In it, you'll find the severed hand of a a wizard.
- Step Four: Go back and speak to Wizard Cromperty. After a short cut scene, he will ask you to make him a pot lid. The pot lid must be made after the cut scene; if you made it beforehand, it will not work. There is a potters wheel north of the Castle (across the river) on the east side of the road leaving town.
- Step Five: Talk to Wizard Cromperty once you have made the pot lid and he will tell you to go speak to Garth. He is the farmer near the fruit tree patch in Brimhaven.
- Step Six: Speak to Garth and he will tell you how to get a cutting of the Jade vine. Make sure you have a pot, the pot lid, a machete, a woodcutting axe, a plant pot with soil, anti-poison, secateurs, a spade, and a quick teleport in case you get in trouble. Garth will also remind you to seal the cutting in a pot as soon as you get it.
- Step Seven: Travel to Shilo Village and go outside. Head around to the northeastern side, and climb up the vines on the ground to enter the maze. Make sure you are ready for combat and have anti-poison.
- Step Eight: Start by heading east and climbing the vines. Next head south and climb down. Now head northwest and climb down another vine to get back onto the ground level.
- Step Nine: Immediately to the south of you, you will see the vines forming some sort of gate, with smaller vines hanging from it. Cut through them and crawl through. Go through another one of these, then climb up the vine to the southwest.
- Step Ten: Climb up twice and you will find a platform with a Karamjan jungle eagle (the transport kind). Head east across the platform and climb down, then swing on the vine.
- Step Eleven: Head north and climb down twice, then crawl through the two vines to the south. Do not go down the holes here.
- Step Twelve: Climb up twice and then cross the vine over the river. If you fall look for a hole that you can enter, nearby where you are washed up. This will bring you to a random spot within the maze.
- Step Thirteen: Once across the river, climb down twice and crawl through the first vine, then climb up a vine. Do NOT crawl through the second vine or you will have to start over.
- Step Fourteen: Once on the vine, head west and climb up, go west and then down, and then northwest and up. You will find yourself on the other vine that crosses the river; cross it.
- Step Fifteen: Now go climb down two vines and you should find yourself next to some piles of loose soil.
- Step Sixteen: Dig from a loose pile to expose the vine, then cut it. Now put it in your plant pot and wait to see if it grows. If it does, quickly use it with your pot to seal it. If you fail just keep trying until you grow one.
- Step Seventeen: Return to the mansion in Ardougne and use the sealed pot with the patch. You will need a trowel to plant it (see the tool leprechaun nearby).
- Step Eighteen: The vines will grow out of control and you will have to kill it. Make sure you have some anti-poison potions, a woodcutting axe, and some food, then tell Horatio you are ready to fight it. During the fight, use the protect from melee prayer, but keep in mind that the vine attacks with both melee and magic.
- Step Nineteen: Once you defeat it, cut the vine and talk to Horatio to finish the quest.
 Quest Complete!
- 1 Quest Point
- 24K Farming XP
- 40K Woodcutting XP
- 23K Slayer XP
- 15K Agility XP
- A new vine farming patch
- A Jade vine seed