Lumbridge is the first town you appear in after completing tutorial island. It is very endearing to many players because they remember their first quests which are usually situated in or around Lumbridge.
Lumbridge is located in the kingdom of Misthalin, west through a tollgate from Al Kharid, or east from Draynor Village through the woods. A path heads northwest, connecting Varrock and Lumbridge. There are quite a few ways to get to Lumbridge, including Lumbridge Home Teleport, a free, no runes required teleport that has unlimited uses. You can set your home city of choice by completing a few quests, but the default that everyone starts with is Lumbridge. Also, at level 31 magic Lumbridge Teleport is unlocked and allows you to teleport directly into Lumbridge. Perhaps the most gruesome way of getting to Lumbridge involves letting a monster kill you in order to respawn in Lumbridge.
 Points of Interest
Bank - On the top floor of Lumbridge Castle, the Lumbridge Bank is always a busy bank due to how accessible it is, but it is not a true epicenter for buying/trading goods.
Bob's Brilliant Axes - Bob's shop sits just south of the entrance to Lumbridge Castle, and he sells pickaxes, hatchets, and battleaxes. He'll also fix your Barrows armour for you, although it is cheaper to do it on your own.
Lumbridge Castle - Home of the Cook, the starting point of Recipe for Disaster, a quest for members only. In the basement, the Culinaromancer's Chest provides food or items those who have finished any or all of Recipe for Disaster, including the much sought after Barrows gloves. In the basement with the Culinaromancer's Chest is the entrance to the Dorgeshuun Mines (to enter, however, you must have completed The Lost Tribe).
Father Aereck - Located in Lumbridge Church(east of Lumbridge Castle), Father Aereck watches over his church and provides the starting point for The Restless Ghost. In addition to being able to recharge your prayer at the altar, you can speak to Father Aereck to update your gravestones. More expensive gravestones allow more time to recover your items if you die in-game, so take a visit to Father Aereck and look for your perfect monument.
Lumbridge is home to the starting point of a few quests.
- Cook's Assistant and Recipe for Disaster can be started by speaking to the Cook in the kitchen on the first floor of Lumbridge Castle.
- Sheep Shearer is no longer a quest, but nonetheless can be played as an activity by talking to Farmer Fred at his farm north of Lumbridge.
- Rune Mysteries and The Lost Tribe can be started by talking to Duke Horacio and then Sigmund, his advisor. They both reside on the second floor of Lumbridge Castle.
- The Restless Ghost can be started by speaking to Father Aereck in his church east of Lumbridge Castle.
- Myths of the White Lands can be started by speaking to Explorer Jack in his house just north of Lumbridge Castle.
- The Blood Pact may be started by speaking to Xenia in the Lumbridge Cemetery.
Related ThreadsThe Battle of Lumbridge: Whose side are you on? - last post by @ Aug 18, 2013
Lumbridge - last post by @ Oct 29, 2008
Lumbridge Dungeon - last post by @ Jul 15, 2008
lumbridge celler cave - last post by @ Dec 17, 2006
lumbridge ring- the best ring ever? - last post by @ Jul 17, 2008